Regional Impact Network
The Regional Impact Network was established in 2016, and is made up of several organisations across England including:
- North East: Youth Focus: North East
- North West: Brathay Trust (supported by Youth Focus North West), Foyer Federation, Oasis, Business Launchpad, and Generation Change.
- Yorkshire and Humber: Youth Work Unit – Yorkshire & the Humber
- London: London Youth
The purpose of the Network is to:
- Support a strategic approach to impact measurement in particular thematic areas of work with young people – for example, faith-based provision, or social action.
- Be a sector working together to increase meaningful evaluation and impact measurement, which helps explain that nature of effective work with young people, and leads to improvements in provision.
- Be where individuals gain the skills and confidence to do this, because approaches to impact measurement should be determined collectively, with peer support and challenge.
- Host Communities of Practice, whose members will be seeking to improve their work through the sharing of knowledge. Members will be able to present issues or challenges that they are encountering in their own work, and have peers support, challenge and share experiences and ideas in response.
- Cultivate an environment of openness, trust and the feeling of a ‘safe space’, in which participants can be honest about the challenges they are facing. Over time, participants will be able to share knowledge and resources. They will be able to generate solutions to the challenges of impact measurement and service design that are meaningful in the contexts in which they work, and span organisational boundaries.
For more information about the Network, visit The Centre for Youth Impact website.